POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : sphere_sweep doesn't scale : Re: sphere_sweep doesn't scale Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:25:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: sphere_sweep doesn't scale
From: David Given
Date: 16 Dec 2013 08:26:12
Message: <52aeff74$1@news.povray.org>
On 16/12/13 10:32, Roman wrote:
[...]
> 1. Is this documented somewhere? I cannot be the only one who is
> affected by this. Again, IMHO, this is a major deficiency in POV-Ray
> that people should know about, or they will get unexpected/wrong
> behavior. For instance, they can't use SI units for a scene involving
> micrometer-scale objects.

I run into the opposite problem; I render astronomical objects, and
routinely run afoul of the maximum draw limit fudge factor where objects
that are a long way away are ignored completely. (My moon pictures, for
example, have to have the sun artifically close or it doesn't show up.)

What's this limit actually for? I can see that the lower limit has some
utility in order to cope sanely with rounding errors, but I can't think
of any reason for an upper limit.

--
┌─── dg@cowlark.com ─────
http://www.cowlark.com ─────