POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : Feature Request: Multiple scenes in one POV-file : Re: Feature Request: Multiple scenes in one POV-file Server Time
5 May 2024 07:30:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Feature Request: Multiple scenes in one POV-file
From: clipka
Date: 13 Dec 2013 20:11:07
Message: <52abb02b$1@news.povray.org>
Am 12.12.2013 19:14, schrieb Woody:

> I know that MegaPOV has this feature but it seems to be limited to multiple
> viewpoints of a single scene, rather than completely different scenes. The
> difference being that the MegaPOV results in the same sky sphere for each
> version, where as a scene map could potentially result in different sky spheres.

Such a feature is actually on my personal to-do list, meaning that it
will probably wind up in either POV-Ray proper or UberPOV sooner or -
more likely - later.

The basic problem is that there's still too much legacy C-style code in
POV-Ray, some of which was designed to render /the/ scene, not /a/ scene.

I'm slowly weeding out such code these days (C-style code in general,
that is), but it's still a long way to go until I can tackle the
scene-level stuff.