POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Smooth normals for mesh2 objects : Re: Smooth normals for mesh2 objects Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:26:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Smooth normals for mesh2 objects
From: David Given
Date: 6 Dec 2013 17:16:06
Message: <52a24ca6$1@news.povray.org>
On 06/12/13 22:11, David Given wrote:
[...]
> One day someone's going to come up with a way of storing efficient,
> interpolatable spherical heightmap data without the distortion involved
> in forcing it into a 2D matrix...

The Usenet effect strikes again --- as soon as I post, I stumble across
the answer!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quadrilateralized_spherical_cube

However I doubt Povray's going to get a COBE sky cube spherical
heightfield primitive any time soon, so it doesn't actually help me much.

--
┌─── dg@cowlark.com ─────
http://www.cowlark.com ─────