POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Very bright objects and EXR : Re: Very bright objects and EXR Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:31:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Very bright objects and EXR
From: David Given
Date: 5 Dec 2013 17:05:11
Message: <52a0f897$1@news.povray.org>
[Grr, thought I'd replied to this, but apparently I emailed it instead.
Curse you, Thunderbird.]

On 04/12/13 14:32, clipka wrote:
> Am 04.12.2013 15:11, schrieb clipka:
[...]
>> "The Gimp" :-)
>
> "LILYsoft IC" is also a good search term.

LilySoft is Windows only, I'm afraid. And AFAICT Gimp will *save* HDR,
but it won't *load* HDR --- people seem to be using it to combine
bracketed photos into an HDR image for tone mapping, but I haven't found
a way to load an EXR.

However, now that I know that the magic word is 'bloom' I went and
looked it up, and found that Darktable supports it. After fighting my
way through Darktable's UI I apply it... and it looks terrible. So I'm
going to have to rethink this to a certain extent. But I now know what
to look for, so thanks.

-- ┌─── dg@cowlark.com ─────
http://www.cowlark.com ─────
│ "There does not now, nor will there ever, exist a programming
│ language in which it is the least bit hard to write bad programs."
│ --- Flon's Axiom