POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Very bright objects and EXR : Re: Very bright objects and EXR Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:31:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Very bright objects and EXR
From: clipka
Date: 4 Dec 2013 09:32:49
Message: <529f3d11@news.povray.org>
Am 04.12.2013 15:11, schrieb clipka:
> Am 04.12.2013 14:34, schrieb David Given:
>> I'm trying to render space scenes with a extremely sun. Rather than
>> fiddle around with trying to artificially add lens flares via NKFlare,
>> it occurs to me it ought to be possible to use the new EXR support to
>> render the image with the sun at its true brightness, and then
>> post-process the image to add bleeding around the bright pixels to
>> produce a similar effect. (I won't get a lens flare, but I'll be quite
>> happy with smearing around the sun to emphasise its brightness.)
>>
>> Unfortunately I don't know enough magic Google terms to find out whether
>> such a thing is possible or what tools are available to do it.
>>
>> What should I be looking for?
>
> "The Gimp" :-)

"LILYsoft IC" is also a good search term. It's primarily an image
viewer/converter (and a very good one at that), but also has some
post-processing essentials built in, including a bloom effect (as an
option of the "gaussian blur" filter).

It's also noteworthy for being developed by POV-Ray community member Ive.