POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : First unofficial patch of POV-Ray 3.7.0: UberPOV : Re: First unofficial patch of POV-Ray 3.7.0: UberPOV Server Time
19 Apr 2024 22:34:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: First unofficial patch of POV-Ray 3.7.0: UberPOV
From: Ive
Date: 19 Nov 2013 08:41:57
Message: <528b6aa5$1@news.povray.org>
Ok, something goes wrong.
While the example scenes do work well a very simple scene of mine (where
I just did try to add a bit of blurred reflection to a table) did not!
So I used one of your own scene file (stochastic_reflection_blur.pov)
and simplified it until it shows the same problem.

command line:
+w800 +h600 +am2 +a0.1 +r3 +FE

None of the fancy features are even used anymore and render time is
about 10 seconds with 3.7 but UberPov did after 10 minutes not even
finish the first block.

//=================================================================================

//#version 3.7;

#version unofficial patch 3.7;
#patch "upov-reflection-roughness" 0.9;

global_settings {
   max_trace_level 25
   assumed_gamma 1.0
}

camera {
   perspective angle 50
   location  <0.0, 3,-5.0>
   right     x*image_width/image_height
   look_at   <0.0, 1.0, 0.0>
}

light_source {
   <3000,3000,0> color rgb 1
   area_light x*500,y*500, 9,9 adaptive 1 circular orient
}

sky_sphere {
   pigment {
     gradient <0,1,0>
     color_map {
       [0.00 srgb <0.6,0.7,1.0>]
       [0.35 srgb <0.1,0.0,0.8>]
       [0.65 srgb <0.1,0.0,0.8>]
       [1.00 srgb <0.6,0.7,1.0>]
     }
     scale 2
   }
}

plane{ <0,1,0>, 0
   texture{
     pigment{ checker color rgb 1 color rgb 0.1 }
     finish {
       ambient 0
       diffuse 0.7
       reflection { 1.0 fresnel} // roughness 0.005 }
   //    specular albedo 0.1
   //    roughness 0.005
     }
   }