POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray version 3.7 released : Re: POV-Ray version 3.7 released Server Time
17 May 2024 04:01:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray version 3.7 released
From: clipka
Date: 10 Nov 2013 08:31:41
Message: <527f8abd@news.povray.org>

(http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3C5239bc36%40news.povray.org%3E/)
> never addressed by the three Christophs developing POV, but only ignored. For me
> this is only RC 8, but not an final solution,

Reports of the +C bug appeared only a short time ago, while we had
already begun the last preparations for the actual release (which had
virtually nothing to do with changes to the code; stuff like making the
switch to the new license, setting up the Git repository, and other such
stuff).

It seems that in this last phase, povray.beta-test hasn't been read by
any of the developers on a regular basis, so we weren't even aware of
these +C artifacts and their severity; from what I see now they would
indeed have warranted halting the release process.

It should be mentioned that while povray.beta-test is a good place to
discuss /suspected/ issues, the most reliable way of communicating
/identified/ issues is via http://bugs.povray.org. New entries there
trigger an email to the members of the dev team.