POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : focal_point with camera transform? : Re: focal_point with camera transform? Server Time
26 Jun 2024 10:18:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: focal_point with camera transform?
From: Doctor John
Date: 8 Nov 2013 07:42:54
Message: <527cdc4e$1@news.povray.org>
On 07/11/13 20:04, Andy wrote:
> Is it possible to create a perspective camera that doesn't use "location" and
> "look_at", but instead uses "transform {matrix <...>}" and have focal_point work
> properly?
>
> When I try to use a transform with a camera, focal_point no longer works as
> described.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated!
> -andy.

I did some work on this sort of problem a couple of years ago. If I
understand you correctly, you want to be able to position the look_at at
some arbitrary position within the actual image.

Unfortunately, I'm at work atm but will look up the work I did and post
back this evening (I'm on GMT)

John
--
Protect the Earth