POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : Geodesic.inc : Re: Geodesic.inc Server Time
4 May 2024 08:19:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Geodesic.inc
From: Alain
Date: 2 Nov 2013 23:27:48
Message: <5275c2b4$1@news.povray.org>

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3C461ba1e1%40news.povray.org%3E/?mtop=241021

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.scene-files/thread/%3C461efe8a%241%40news.povray.org%3E/

>> These are from 2007 so the code probably needs to be adapted for 3.7.
>

> It seems useful and have many information.
> Previously, I found that Samuel Benge's macro seems easy to use, so I asked for
> this directly.
> Thank you.

Both of those used an now obsolete version of megapov. Megapov is a test
bed branch of POV-Ray.

You can now use high dynamic range images directly when using the
version 3.7. It also provide illumination when combined with radiosity.

You can also do a search for "light dome". It's a way to generate lights
according to a high dynamic range image. The lights placement and
density generated is not uniform as it depends on the bright parts of
the source image.

Alain