POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : TC-RTC September/December 2013 Challenge: Legends : Re: TC-RTC September/December 2013 Challenge: Legends Server Time
30 Apr 2024 18:34:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: TC-RTC September/December 2013 Challenge: Legends
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 21 Aug 2013 03:19:03
Message: <521469e7$1@news.povray.org>
On 20-8-2013 20:20, MichaelJF wrote:
> Yes, we have a lot of wonderful images this round and the next topic has the
> potential of yielding even more inspiration. I wonder if one of the guys came up
> with the legend of Lady Godiva...
>
> At the moment I wonder what can be called a modern legend. Despite the fact that
> I tend in music more to Simone Simmons from the Netherlands or Tarja Turunen
> from Finland at the moment, the musician I visited most concerts in my life (5
> in fact) is the now late Jon Lord with his "boy group". I would call him
> a legend. (And I think without his combination of classic and rock, no one have
> came up with the idea to combine opera with heavy metal, like Simone Simmons
> (Epica) or Tarja Turunen (Nightwish)).

Personally, I am not too sure about modern legends as they may not yet
have proven to be real legends, and there are so many older ones waiting
to be unveiled ;-)

> But I will not go for an "Tribute to Jon Lord" picture. My first idea is to
> combine another modern German legend with an old German legend: Willi Baumeister
> and Till Eulenspiegel.

Till is a good choice. Well known here too, especially through the book
by Flemish writer Charles de Coster. Curious to see how you are going to
link him to Willi Baumeister.

Thomas