POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Camera angles problem : Re: Camera angles problem Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:24:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Camera angles problem
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 20 Aug 2013 16:27:09
Message: <5213d11d$1@news.povray.org>
Le 20/08/2013 22:09, Alain nous fit lire :
> Le 13-08-19 15:00, Bald Eagle a écrit :
>
>> (I've thought about having a "dual render" - where the scene is
>> rendered without
>> any interfering stuff, and then a second render is automatically
>> called from
>> within the SDL at the end of the first render - is this possible?)

That sound a bit like the portal pattern. (or viewport ? I do not
remember exactly, it was some experimental stuff a long time ago)

What I do not get (yet ?), what is in the file generated by the render ?

> Not possible strictly from the SDL itself.
>
> What you need for that is to use an ini file that will render the
> original scene, then, set some control variable(s) to render the second
> scene.
> With that, the two renders can have different resolutions and aa
> settings if it's not rendered as an animation but as two separate
> images. You'll need to explicitely give an image name for at least one
> of the renders.
>

> Alain

With 3.7, you should search for clockless animation (+kla, with multiple
cameras definition, and so far you need also realtime raytracing with
+rtr). It disables file saving, so it might not be very useful so far.