POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Camera angles problem : Re: Camera angles problem Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:13:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Camera angles problem
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 20 Aug 2013 15:45:04
Message: <5213c740$1@news.povray.org>
> Second, apparently there is meant to be text displayed on the "screen" -
> #declare MyTextObject =
> text {
>     ttf "crystal.ttf", "target: enemy base", 0.01, <0,0>
>     scale 0.08
>     pigment {color <1.0,0.5,0.2>}
>     finish {ambient 1 diffuse 0}
> }
>
> That doesn't show up, and I'm currently investigating why.

Alright, I changed the font to arial, and that made the text visible,
but it was being interfered with by the fog or something.

I've now stripped everything else out the scene, but I'm missing
characters now.

"Text size 0.08"   Appears as "T         0 08"

commenting out the global_settings {charset utf8} had no effect.
Changing the font to Times only shows a capital T

Changing it to arial, all caps gives me "TEXT S ZE 0 08"

I am truly bewildered.