POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : recursively defined objects and memory : Re: recursively defined objects and memory Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:12:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: recursively defined objects and memory
From: clipka
Date: 20 Aug 2013 11:18:10
Message: <521388b2@news.povray.org>
Am 19.08.2013 00:35, schrieb clipka:
> Am 19.08.2013 00:01, schrieb Ger Remmers:

>>> Obviously that shouldn't happen. Can you provide a sample scene to
>>> reproduce, dissect and debug the problem?
>>>

>> It messes up in the WriteDataFile() macro
>
> Thanks, I'll have a closer look at it.

I was able to track down the issue to a bug in the #for loop, which
causes the loop to terminate one iteration too early if the end value is
large (1048576 or higher on my Windows 7 x64 Intel i7 machine; I'm a bit
surprised you get a lower limit; I'd be interested to know what OS and
harware you are using).

As a workaround, use a #while loop with manual counter increment
instead. It requires a few more tokens per loop, but works with
significantly higher numbers.

I've already come up with a fix, but I'm not sure whether it will make
its way into the 3.7.0 release proper.