POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : General Rendering tips for generic contests run by non-CG professionals : Re: General Rendering tips for generic contests run by non-CG professionals Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:27:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: General Rendering tips for generic contests run by non-CG professionals
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 19 Aug 2013 05:26:20
Message: <5211e4bc$1@news.povray.org>
Le 19/08/2013 04:24, gregjohn a écrit :
> It's one if those situations where you just upload, and the guy at the front
> desk of the web presence for the org cannot tell you exactly what's needed.

Given the target seems computer-ready, you should assume square pixel
(rather than tv/dvd strange ratio), and aims at a 4:3 (old) or 16:9 ratio.
Max vertical (full screen) can be expected to be 1080, but it might be
wise to either make it half-screen (960 x 540 ?) or to allow for some
margins.
The CSS in their website is using a width of 770 pixel for the layout.

24 fps, progressive should be fine: most video player of computers will
push it at 60fps for display without problem. (let them handle the 2:3
issue with the graphic card)

If it was to be played on TV, some area at 50Hz might have been
problematic, but that's irrelevant to this contest.

1200 x 800 is strange. (a 3:2 ratio)

Also, before choosing the size, check the constraint of your video
encoding tools: some have a 16-boundary, some are limited to
"well-known" size...

--
Just because nobody complains does not mean all parachutes are perfect.