POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : RIP Gary Gygax : Re: RIP Gary Gygax Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:14:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: RIP Gary Gygax
From: Stephen
Date: 8 Mar 2008 14:07:27
Message: <51o5t3h7mk1asvnp9ts2g4tmu44v862gsh@4ax.com>
On Sat, 08 Mar 2008 12:03:32 +0000, Orchid XP v7 <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:

>nemesis wrote:
>
>> no Blizzard, no Stallman, no D&D... tsc, tsc, your geeks points keep getting
>> low... :P
>
>OK, let's get this right out of the way now...
>
>- I think Star Trek sucks.

So do I.

>- I have only watched about 3 episodes of Babylon 5. The only cool thing
>about it was the graphics being done on an Amiga.

I've probably seen about 3 in six halves

>- I never completed Doom.

Only using God Mode

>- I have never even *seen* Wind Commander.

I've seen it but only because my cabin mate playes it when it came out. BTW Wing
Commander.

>- I don't know what a VAX is. (I thought it was a kind of carpet cleaner...)

I worked with one and PDP11's :)

>- I haven't read the BSD license terms. (I've read the GPL ones.)

Nor I for either.

>- I can't remember who's behind BluRay or HD DVD. (And I have no idea
>which one is currently "winning".)

But you could find out if you were interested, I assume :)

>- I have no idea how to wire up a null modem cable.

Why would you want to?

>Are we done yet?

No! Why not come for a drink in London on the 22nd with Dr John and me. Then you
could meet with people that might have an interest in common. No pressure Andrew
or do you prefer Andy?

Regards
	Stephen