POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Unknown pixelation at high quality. : Re: Unknown pixelation at high quality. Server Time
28 Apr 2024 16:46:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Unknown pixelation at high quality.
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 1 Aug 2013 03:16:35
Message: <51fa0b53$1@news.povray.org>
Le 01/08/2013 05:28, Bald Eagle a écrit :
> 3 more questions:
>
> How to make this an animated gif?
>
> I have a request to make this 10 seconds long - no idea how to do that except
> copy and rename each frame bmp 10 times.
>
> Is there a way to make this loop by default?  Some sort of internal metadata tag
> that would automagically set the default viewing option to loop?
> (I'd settle for someone knowledgeable enough in html to show how to just get it
> to loop on a webpage...
>

> Thanks again for everyone's help!  I'm learning a lot.  :)

Gif format has instructions for time before next frame and also number
of repeat/loop.
gif as movie usually use also delta-encoding from one frame to the next
to achieve better compression (first frame is expensive, next ones are
only describing the changing pixels areas)

Have a search in any search engine about "gif editor", it should provide
you with some tools.

Remember that the gif is limited to 256 colour-palette. I wonder if MNG
format did find its way in the W3C and browsers' implementation.

--
Just because nobody complains does not mean all parachutes are perfect.