POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Warning! Error in source Povray-3.7 : Re: Warning! Error in source Povray-3.7 Server Time
27 Apr 2024 10:01:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Warning! Error in source Povray-3.7
From: clipka
Date: 19 Jul 2013 17:36:08
Message: <51e9b148$1@news.povray.org>
Am 19.07.2013 22:14, schrieb LanuHum:

> You incorrectly understood. :)

I must confess that I do have a difficult time understanding what you write.

> The first Povray is written for Windows,Then it ported in Linux?

Originally POV-Ray was actually written for DOS (and other platforms,
such as the Amiga); I don't know which happened earler, the porting from
DOS to Windows or from DOS to Linux.

Nowadays, most portions of the POV-Ray code are platform-independent,
and most changes affect those portions; the developers typically test
those changes in the Windows version first, and only later verify that
they also work in the Linux and Mac OS versions, but there is no actual
"porting" involved: If the changes don't work in the Linux version right
from the start then there's something fundamentally wrong with the change.

> The main thing that questions are ignored.

To be honest, it might have to do with your English. Please don't take
offense, but your English is really hard to understand. I see that
people did answer to your postings; please have patience with them if
their answers were not sufficient for you, and ask again; make sure to
rephrase your questions, give plenty of details, and whenever you post
again after having tried out some changes, let the people know exactly
what you tried (full scene code is best) - everything that might help
people understand what your problem really is.