POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : POVghanistan, a very first animation... : POVghanistan, a very first animation... Server Time
30 Apr 2024 12:58:42 EDT (-0400)
  POVghanistan, a very first animation...
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Date: 16 Jul 2013 18:29:07
Message: <51e5c933$1@news.povray.org>
Hi(gh)!

POVghanistan: Paghman Range Panorama
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5pCZdj_VGM

After fixing the triangle gaps problem (see entry in p.b.i), I rendered
my first small animation of a vista point in POVghanistan... to be
precise, a mountain saddle in the 4,630-metres Paghman Range west of
Kabul. Due to RAM limitations, I currently can use only one
square-degree ASTER data tile at a time, this will probably not change
in the nearer future (even now, POV-Ray's peak memory usage is 14.2 GB!).

In the coming weeks, I may add smooth triangles and a more elaborate sky
and atmosphere model, preferably that of Bruno Cabasson.

Later on, I may render animations of low-altitude overflights covering
more than one data tile, carefully customizing mesh2s to contain as much
terrain as possible toward the horizon in viewing direction...

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar