POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : medias with pov3.7 : Re: medias with pov3.7 Server Time
28 Sep 2024 09:09:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: medias with pov3.7
From: Warp
Date: 4 Jul 2013 11:48:25
Message: <51d59949@news.povray.org>
Todd Carnes <tod### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> The general user is not going to care how much you've improved the trace
> time, if your overall time to finish the scene increases. As far as
> they're concerned, the program is slower.

There's some kind of misunderstanding here.

With POV-Ray 3.6 it took 8 seconds to get the final image.

With POV-Ray 3.7 it took 5 seconds to get the final image.

Where exactly is this "the user has to wait longer" you are seeing?
Because I'm not seeing it. The user had to way 3 seconds longer with
POV-Ray 3.6 in order to get the image than with POV-Ray 3.7.

--
                                                          - Warp