POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : medias with pov3.7 : Re: medias with pov3.7 Server Time
28 Sep 2024 09:12:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: medias with pov3.7
From: James Holsenback
Date: 3 Jul 2013 17:06:56
Message: <51d49270$1@news.povray.org>
On 07/03/2013 04:26 PM, Todd Carnes wrote:
> It is not contradictory nor is it complicated to understand. It just
> means something other than the trace is eating up time.
>
> For example, it could be that the parser is taking a lot longer to
> perform its job. In that case, if the trace takes, for example, 1 second
> less time to perform, but the parser takes 10 seconds more time to
> perform it's job, you have still added an extra 9 seconds to your
> overall time... Simple. :)

I would almost expect the parser would naturally take longer the way
it's implemented (no slam intended) ... more keywords (more tests) and
all the backward compatibility that's being maintained. Not saying that
this is what the OP is seeing, but I /would/ say that the parser is
indeed a bit fat and could use a diet ;-)