POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : How to construct a trapezium in a difference : Re: How to construct a trapezium in a difference Server Time
19 May 2024 13:33:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to construct a trapezium in a difference
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 2 Jul 2013 10:30:04
Message: <51d2e3ec$1@news.povray.org>
On 2-7-2013 14:52, gharryh wrote:
> I have a problem constructing a trapezium piramide to be used removing a bit
> from a box.
> The upper plane has dimension 6mm square and the lower plane is 4mm square.
> I was looking at the prism object but cant get the points down.
>
> Any idea's?
> The part i want to create can be found here:
> http://www.gradconn.com/2-54mm/pdf/BB02-JS.pdf

You can make a difference from a box, using 4 planes at right angle from
each other and slightly tilted to get the correct shape. You will have
to calculate the angle to get it right.

very basic example:

#local Plane = plane {y, 0  rotate 110*z}

difference {
   box {<-1,0,-1>, <1,2,1>}
   object {Plane translate 1*x}
   object {Plane rotate 90*y translate -1*z}
   object {Plane rotate 180*y translate -1*x}
   object {Plane rotate -90*y translate 1*z}
   rotate 180*z
}

Thomas