POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : More bullet physics mayhem : Re: More bullet physics mayhem Server Time
28 Apr 2024 17:05:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More bullet physics mayhem
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 22 Jun 2013 08:35:08
Message: <51c599fc$1@news.povray.org>
On 06/20/2013 03:55 AM, Bill Pragnell wrote:
> A slightly more involved test, using chains for demolition instead of balls.
>

> links and save the triangles to an .obj file, which I then converted into .3ds
> for use in the bullet playground using meshlab. During rendering, the meshes are

Very cool! Have you used Meshlab for more than conversions? It's a tool
I've had on my toy-with list for a while, but I've not found the time to
play.

Thomas, Your comment about the man swinging chains through buildings
reminded me of the RGB Mars trilogy where they cut the space elevator
cable. As it came down, it cut a swath across the surface of Mars.

Wonder why we find things crashing so mesmerizing...

Bill P. (the other one)