POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Want to attach one object to another : Re: Want to attach one object to another Server Time
1 Jun 2024 12:02:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Want to attach one object to another
From: Stephen
Date: 19 Jun 2013 06:01:07
Message: <51c18163$1@news.povray.org>
On 19/06/2013 9:58 AM, gharryh wrote:
> Maybe i should say warp instead of wrap.
> Als both the cylinder and the label are POV-Ray objects.
> The label is no bitmap image.

Well that is different. You did it the hard way. :-)

I don't know if applying shear transformations would bend the label the
way you want. My mathematics is not good enough.
You could rebuild the label but use a cylinder as your base. Then rotate
the characters and symbols so that they are tangential to where they
intersect the cylinder. Then intersect the characters with a slightly
larger cylinder to smooth them flush with the label.

--
Regards
     Stephen