POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Chimney felling with the BulletPhysics Playground : Re: Chimney felling with the BulletPhysics Playground Server Time
2 May 2024 15:21:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Chimney felling with the BulletPhysics Playground
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 11 Jun 2013 05:56:55
Message: <51b6f467@news.povray.org>
On 06/10/2013 07:09 PM, Bill Pragnell wrote:

> 210 frames, simulation in about 5 minutes, rendering in about 15 minutes.
>
> The ball is 50x heavier than a brick :)
>
> Bill

Looks cool. I recall doing this with building blocks & dominoes when I
was a kid. Great fun.

Does BPP write 210 sets of positions/transforms which are then rendered
by frame in povray? Or, is BPP set up to simulate/render per frame?

Suppose I am wondering if one can one peak ahead by rendering select
frames after a total simulation completes. Also, whether it is possible
to look at a what happens to a few items of the whole simulation in
isolation by rendering just those items.

Lastly, we are now of course in anticipation of a movie staring the
"Archimedean Solids".

Bill P.