POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Texture mapping pb using POV-Ray renderer mh/blender/povray : Re: Texture mapping pb using POV-Ray renderer mh/blender/povray Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:27:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Texture mapping pb using POV-Ray renderer mh/blender/povray
From: Alain
Date: 28 May 2013 16:33:20
Message: <51a51490$1@news.povray.org>

> Hi everyone,
>
> I am currently using MakeHuman to design human models with Blender.
>
> I have designed a very simple model with MH, and applied on it a simple set of
> clothes then I have exported the model in the *.mhx format so that I can import
> it when using Blender.
>
> I have to use the POV-Ray renderer for specific reasons (I have got to use the
> associated *.pov file in another POV-Ray scene). But when I render the human
> model with the POV-Ray renderer I have got a very strange texture arrangement
> ..... I don't have this problem with the Blender renderer, as you can see below.
>
> The model rendered with the Blender renderer (imported model from MH, using
> Blender) :
>
> http://hpics.li/eaf7dd6
>
> The model rendered with the POV-Ray renderer (using Blender, and imported from
> MH using Blender) :
>
> http://hpics.li/2f1daa8
>
> It looks like my textures are not mapped in the good direction or something like
> that, as if they have been reversed ....
> The skin texture is correctly mapped tough
>
> What do you think about this problem ?
> Do you know if it exists a simple trick to solve this ?
> I'm using the latest MH (1.07beta), Blender 2.66.1 and POV-Ray 2.7beta.
>
> You can download my *.pov file, my *.mhx file and the textures associated here :
> http://dl.free.fr/mdk3ahYqj
>

> Thanks !

The pigment may need to be rotated 90 degrees. Try:
rotate 90*z

It's diffuse value looks like it's set way to low. Normaly, it should be
set around 0.7.
Another possibility would be a gamma isue. Add: "gamma srgb" or "gamma
2.2" to your image_map.

You have specular or phong highlighting set much to strong. Maybe the
diffuse value got applied to specular...

Alain