POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Align_Trans after rotation? : Re: Align_Trans after rotation? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:30:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Align_Trans after rotation?
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 24 May 2013 16:57:19
Message: <519fd42f@news.povray.org>
Marc Weber wrote:

> Is there another way I can try?

I'm not sure I follow 100% what you are trying to do but I think you
wish to find the "lowest point" on an object. You could approximate that
by sampling the object at a finite number of points using the trace
function. It is not more elegant than the shifting the tip down
but probably the easiest to do without manual intervention.