POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Rendering to a window : Re: Rendering to a window Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:27:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rendering to a window
From: Stephen
Date: 23 May 2013 22:25:05
Message: <519ecf81$1@news.povray.org>
On 24/05/2013 3:05 AM, Kene Meniru wrote:
> I was just wondering if it is possible to run povray and have the image show
> on a window such as one created using pyqt for example QtGui.QWidget or
> maybe something like libQGLViewer showing examples here -
> http://www.libqglviewer.com/examples/index.html. I am programming a python
> CAD program which I want to have a more unified/integrated interface.
>
> I know I can run it via command line and will probably keep doing that but I
> was just curious and after searching the net for a couple of days I just
> wanted to throw it out there in this forum just in case I am missing
> something.
>
> Thanks.

Just a quick reply and I am sure that someone will answer more fully later.
As a user of Moray and Bishop3D (PovRay Modellers). PovRay images can be
displayed in a viewport in those programs. It requires a GUIExtension
which is referenced in pvengine.ini

E.g.
[GUIExtensions]
UseExtensions=1

ExtDll17=C:\Program Files (x86)\Bishop3D\Bishop3DPovComm.dll
ExtDll18=C:\Graphics\Moray For Windows\MorayCtrl.DLL

As for the details I am sorry but I cannot help there.

--
Regards
     Stephen