POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Pigment colour from RGB functions : Re: Pigment colour from RGB functions Server Time
2 Jun 2024 10:41:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pigment colour from RGB functions
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 21 May 2013 20:40:27
Message: <519c13fb$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:

> I had thought of doing such a thing but I don't know in my code how
> large the return values of the function will be (certainly not limited
> to 1).

I think there is no elegant way to solve this except for your scaling.
But defining functions without known limit for use as RGB pigment would
seem to be a problematic approach to begin with ... even without the
technicality of turning a function into a pigment you need to decide
on a scaling if the function is not 0 to 1 (or worse, unbounded).