POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Pigment colour from RGB functions : Pigment colour from RGB functions Server Time
2 Jun 2024 13:18:06 EDT (-0400)
  Pigment colour from RGB functions
From: scott
Date: 20 May 2013 12:32:38
Message: <519a5026$1@news.povray.org>
I've been digging about in the docs for a while and can't come up with
an obvious way to achieve this, although I'm sure it must be fairly
straightforward.

Suppose I have a mathematical formula to calculate the R, G and B values
of a pigment based on the coordinates (x,y,z), how to write that in POV?

I started by writing 3 functions to calculate the R G and B components,
but then I got stuck trying to combine them in the pigment part of an
object. What's the best way to do this?

I want to write this:

pigment{color rgb <functionR,functionG,functionB>}