POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray images and scene scripts database, anyone? : Re: POV-Ray images and scene scripts database, anyone? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:29:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray images and scene scripts database, anyone?
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Date: 18 Apr 2013 11:20:56
Message: <51700f58$1@news.povray.org>
Hi(gh)!

> So then I have to delete my private p.b.i download collection
> accumulated since 2000?

Obviously not, at least as long as I run my computer in Germany - our
copyright law includes the right of private copy, i. e. copies that are
not used in a professional setting (and, of course, also not re-published).

But originally, I did not start this thread to discuss copyright, but
rather to ask whether there is interest among the POV-Ray community in a
precise, accurate database representation of the works accumulated on
p.b.i during the last 15 years!

Such a database, also containing information about used POV-Ray features
and techniques and as many scene scripts as available, also would serve
didactical purposes for all POV-Ray beginners and not-yet-experts!

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar