POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray images and scene scripts database, anyone? : Re: POV-Ray images and scene scripts database, anyone? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:32:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray images and scene scripts database, anyone?
From: Urs Holzer
Date: 18 Apr 2013 07:19:38
Message: <516fd6ca@news.povray.org>
Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann wrote:
>> Also I don't think any additional permission would be needed from
>> authors simply to index the images in a different way. By uploading
>> to p.b.i you are accepting that the images will be accessible by the
>> public and sites like Google will index them.
>
> The images would also need to have assigned titles (rather than just
> filenames) too - this could constitute an infringement of copyright.

In which country? After all, I have been citing papers in my master
thesis by indicating the name of the journal, the author and the title.
This can hardly conflict with any sane law.

As a rule of thumb, you can assume that metadata is not protected by
copyright. But I am not an american lawyer, just a swiss citizen. Where
is the server of news.povray.org located again?