POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray images and scene scripts database, anyone? : Re: POV-Ray images and scene scripts database, anyone? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:32:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray images and scene scripts database, anyone?
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Date: 18 Apr 2013 02:45:02
Message: <516f966e$1@news.povray.org>
Hi(gh)!

On 17.04.2013 09:40, scott wrote:

> You can use Google image search on p.b.i by prefixing your search term with
>
> site:http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/
>
> That allows you to choose date, pixel size, colour, and then even things
> like "find images like this" (which I think mainly looks for the colour
> distribution within the images).

I tried this for "Yadgar
site:http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/" - and what I got
was some 50 images in fact created by myself (should have been about
350!), but most hits showed graphic files from other sources. So the
Google search algorithm is badly unprecise - neither it finds all files
with the requested properties nor only them! A true POV-Ray image
database would be much more accurate...

> Also I don't think any additional permission would be needed from
> authors simply to index the images in a different way. By uploading to
> p.b.i you are accepting that the images will be accessible by the public
> and sites like Google will index them.

The images would also need to have assigned titles (rather than just
filenames) too - this could constitute an infringement of copyright.

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar