POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray images and scene scripts database, anyone? : Re: POV-Ray images and scene scripts database, anyone? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:28:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray images and scene scripts database, anyone?
From: clipka
Date: 17 Apr 2013 13:52:40
Message: <516ee168@news.povray.org>

> Hi(gh)!
>
> On 16.04.2013 13:23, Thomas de Groot wrote:
>
>> That would be indeed challenging as a (large?) number of authors is not
>> active anymore and may have moved away,
>
> ....or even passed away - the oldest image files in my private
> collection date back to 1998! Who inherits the copyright if no explicit
> testamental provisions had been made? Depends on the country... I don't
> even know how the rules are in Germany...

IANAL, but the concept of copyright in the American sense does not exist
in Germany. Instead, there is a set of author's rights ("Urheberrecht"),
and the heirs do get to exercise and benefit from these until so-many
years after the author's death (the duration depending on the type of
work AFAIK), after which the work passes on into the public domain.