POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray images and scene scripts database, anyone? : Re: POV-Ray images and scene scripts database, anyone? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:16:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray images and scene scripts database, anyone?
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Date: 16 Apr 2013 12:21:55
Message: <516d7aa3@news.povray.org>
Hi(gh)!

On 16.04.2013 13:23, Thomas de Groot wrote:

> That would be indeed challenging as a (large?) number of authors is not
> active anymore and may have moved away,

...or even passed away - the oldest image files in my private collection
date back to 1998! Who inherits the copyright if no explicit testamental
provisions had been made? Depends on the country... I don't even know
how the rules are in Germany...

> changed e-mails, etc. The second
> solution is away from p.b.i. and so less desirable.

> For new images, there would be a need for a-priori permissions which
> might result in less postings to p.b.i. That would also be an
> undesirable effect.

...unless a whole web-based forum solution is included! HUGE task!

> It would be a good start as a proof of concept.

Yes, I think I will come up with a raw concept (tables and relations)
the next few days and present it here... do you know of any people
in/around the POV team or the webmasters of povray.org who could be
interested in an image/script database?

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar