POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray images and scene scripts database, anyone? : Re: POV-Ray images and scene scripts database, anyone? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:32:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray images and scene scripts database, anyone?
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Date: 16 Apr 2013 04:50:40
Message: <516d10e0$1@news.povray.org>
Hi(gh)!

On 16.04.2013 08:56, Thomas de Groot wrote:

> The idea is certainly interesting but it represents a lot of work to
> index and build a relational database like that, if I remember correctly
> my past implications with such a project. However, nowadays many things
> can be automated though.

Most challenging would be to get permission from the 1300+ POVers who
contributed to p.b.i since 1999 to copy their images into the
database... this could be avoided if any POVer uploads his/her own
images by himself, but then it probably would not be a database related
exclusively to p.b.i anymore! But... why not?

Another difficult issue would be working out the keyword hierarchies...
perhaps I should start with an experimental local database into which I
enter my stored images file by file... the bigger it grows, the more
elaborate the hierarchies become. At a certain stage of development I
would present a mostly emptied (just the database structure contained
the keyword hierarchies, but no other images and scripts than those of
which I own the copyright, i. e. the images posted by me (some 350
files)) version of the database for demonstration to the webmaster(s) of
povray.org.

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar