POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Windows 8 : Re: Windows 8 Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:32:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Windows 8
From: Warp
Date: 14 Apr 2013 07:28:12
Message: <516a92cc@news.povray.org>
Le_Forgeron <jgr### [at] freefr> wrote:
> IMHO, it's a shortcut: some new motherboard came now with UEFI which
> aims (and succeed) at forbidding installation of non-authorized OS.

I cannot fathom what possible gain could there be for the motherboard
manufacturer to do that.

"Hey, I need a new motherboard for my linux machine, and was looking at
yours."
"Sorry, our motherboard doesn't allow you to install linux."
"Well, then I'll buy a motherboard from someone else."

Step 2: ???
Step 3: Make profit?

I don't get it.

--