POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray images and scene scripts database, anyone? : POV-Ray images and scene scripts database, anyone? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:28:56 EDT (-0400)
  POV-Ray images and scene scripts database, anyone?
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Date: 13 Apr 2013 11:40:59
Message: <51697c8b$1@news.povray.org>
Hi(gh)!

Currently I'm trying to convince a friend of POV-Ray's outstanding
landscape rendering capabilities by sending him examples from my private
p.b.i image collection. While browsing through these currently about
18,500 images stored on my harddisk since September 2000 when I first
hit p.b.i, I started to think whether it would be reasonable to have all
these images stored in a publicly accessible database on povray.org...
images would be categorized by artist, publication date, graphic format,
size, total number of pixels, x-y ratio, number of colours, color
distribution and, mostly important a wide range of (possibly
hierarchically organized) keywords describing image contents and used
POV-Ray features and techniques. The images also would be logically
connected to their scene scripts, as far as available.

What do you think about such an idea?

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar

Now playing: Little Neutrino (Klaatu)