POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : Simulated urbanism macro scene: version 2013.04.08 : Re: Simulated urbanism macro scene: version 2013.04.08 Server Time
28 Apr 2024 05:49:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Simulated urbanism macro scene: version 2013.04.08
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 9 Apr 2013 03:19:11
Message: <5163c0ef$1@news.povray.org>
To nimda and Clipka:

I got it! :-)

The #for() loop definitely does *not* work correctly for my particular
case, while the #while() loop does. The reason is that Counter should
only be incremented *if* the #inside() test is passed as negative (not
inside object). With the #for() loop, Counter is *always* incremented
whatever the result of the #inside() test.

Conclusion: I should use the #while() loop in this case as easiest
coding procedure.

My first question about the different results in placing houses is now
also answered. It derives from the above of course.

Thomas