POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : 3.7rc6 on Raspberry PI, with/without openexr image artifacts : Re: 3.7rc6 on Raspberry PI, with/without openexr image artifacts Server Time
29 Apr 2024 07:31:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3.7rc6 on Raspberry PI, with/without openexr image artifacts
From: clipka
Date: 31 Mar 2013 21:57:18
Message: <5158e97e$1@news.povray.org>
Am 13.12.2012 14:48, schrieb clipka:

> Turning off /all/ optimizations does give the expected results. I don't
> consider this an option though, so I guess we'll have to wait for
> feedback from the raspbian team.

I've received feedback at last: The problem /may/ be solved with
gcc-4.7; I'm currently recompiling POV-Ray on my Pi.

Raspbian Wheezy's standard gcc package is still at 4.6, so I had to
manually install the gcc-4.7 and g++-4.7 packages, and force the
./configure script to actually use gcc-4.7 via the "CXX=gcc-4.7" option.

We shall see in a couple of hours whether that actually solves the issue.