POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Reg- Scene/ Object Reflectivity pattern calculation : Re: Reg- Scene/ Object Reflectivity pattern calculation Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:24:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Reg- Scene/ Object Reflectivity pattern calculation
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 25 Mar 2013 10:41:41
Message: <51506225$1@news.povray.org>
Mahadeesh wrote:

> I mean reflectivity pattern here as BACK SCATTERING effect of the objects in the
> scene. Like calculation of single, double and triple bounce effect from the
> ray.. When all these effects are summed together we get, back scattering effect
> of the object.I need reflectivity map of any 3D modeled object. I may not
> require to consider the effects of interference. Just a simple creation of
> reflectivity map of any object/ scene. Thank you.

It sounds like what you want to achieve could be approximated by
a light source (possibly a spot light if you have a confined beam),
diffuse textures for the back scattering, and radiosity for the
bounces. With the caveat that the light model for diffuse reflection
probably does not accurately reflect microwave backscattering.

I'm still not quite sure what the end result should be. A normal
render (camera image) would give you an image of the scene indicating
how much light is reflected into the direction of the camera for each
point of the object. If the camera and the light source are in the
same location that is probably an approximation of an "echo".

If you are more interested in the effect of the  object on the
surrounding you can put a sphere around the object and see how this is
illuminated through radiosity. If you want some total measure of light
scattered from each position of the object regardless of direction,
things are likely to get tricky although the mesh camera might help.