POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Batch/command-line render in Windows : Re: Batch/command-line render in Windows Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:22:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Batch/command-line render in Windows
From: Timwi
Date: 15 Mar 2013 15:03:16
Message: <51437074$1@news.povray.org>

http://wiki.povray.org/content/Documentation:Windows_Section_3#Special_Command-Line_Options

> and doing google search for: batch/command line render AND POV-Ray AND
> Windows
>
> I found this:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2207472/povray-for-windows-using-the-command-line-to-render-several-pov-files

Well, neither of those turn the GUI off. All of them open a POV-ray
editor window, do the render (visibly!) and then exit.

This way, rendering a hundred images requires me to either run 100 GUI
instances, or run them one after the other. In both cases, my computer
is completely unusable for quite some time while windows keep popping up.

Timwi