POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : An End? : Re: An End? Server Time
28 Apr 2024 07:21:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An End?
From: Stephen
Date: 10 Mar 2013 06:04:01
Message: <513c5a91$1@news.povray.org>
On 09/03/2013 6:44 PM, MichaelJF wrote:

> but I think one has to meet reality someday even within virtual reality.

Yes, it is good and timely that you brought this up Michael.

TINA CheP was started in in 2007 by Steve Paget as a temporary stand in
for the IRTC. It was designed and paid for by Steve who had a passion
for Pov-Ray. When he died in 2010, I contacted the developer of the site
and offered to keep it going. Thomas, very kindly, agreed to be one of
the admins and it is he who does all the work for which I am very grateful.
We have 155 registered members but as you point out we have only about
half a dozen regular contributors. And I only submit entries to keep the
numbers up as my interest lies more with animations. (This section of
TINA CheP was closed in 2010 due to lack of interest. In the four years
it was running there were only 16 entries and on several occasions, I
was the only one who submitted an entry.)

So, is it time to call it a day? The choice lies with the Pov-Ray community.

Having said that the most prolific member is not a Pover. Out of 35
contests DrNo has entered 83 images.

Your opinions are welcome.

--
Regards