POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Shooting rays : Shooting rays Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:27:04 EDT (-0400)
  Shooting rays
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 9 Mar 2013 08:11:35
Message: <513b3507@news.povray.org>
I have a container A (not at the origin) and, inside this container, an
object B at a random location. Using trace() I want to determine what is
the closest distance between B and the boundary of A in the X-Z plane,
and use the normal of A at that (approximate) location to
Reorient_Trans() B.

My main problem is shooting rays around from B as I have trouble
rotating the ray direction vector around the local Y-axis. I experiment
with vaxis_rotate() but do not get consistent results as it seems that
the axis (always?) passes through the origin.

How should I write this code?

Thanks!

Thomas