POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Domain containing "pov"? : Domain containing "pov"? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:25:12 EDT (-0400)
  Domain containing "pov"?
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Date: 6 Mar 2013 19:18:42
Message: <5137dce2$1@news.povray.org>
Hi(gh)!

After not generally giving up using the Internet (but restraining
aimless surfing) I plan to rework my web presence, this time more
focusing on my raytracing, i. e. POV-Ray projects. Perhaps some of you
around remember my solemn announcement of POVEarth posted here seven
years ago (on September 11, 2005)...

This project is slowly developing and in fact is intended to become a
multi-user project where POVers around the world may contribute their
renderings and scene code of their homes, their home towns or even their
entire home countries to be worked into one huge elaborate contingent
model of our planet.

To make this project easily recognizable on the Web, I would devote an
own WWW domain to it, such as www.povearth.org. Now there arises the
trademark problem - as I am not a member of the POV-Ray development
team, this needs to be negotiated with the owner(s) of the POV-Ray
trademark.

Is there any chance to get permission to use "pov" as part of a domain name?

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar