POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Requesting user feedback: POV-Ray v3.7 scenes/includes : Re: Requesting user feedback: POV-Ray v3.7 scenes/includes Server Time
2 Jun 2024 00:11:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Requesting user feedback: POV-Ray v3.7 scenes/includes
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 6 Mar 2013 03:53:04
Message: <513703f0$1@news.povray.org>
On 6-3-2013 9:15, Kenneth wrote:
> What a mess! :-P
>
> Well, there seems to be at least ONE 'standard' that everyone/every system
> agrees on: +x is to the right. Hooray! It's good to know that there's one little
> 'island of stability' in a chaotic world. ;-)

In fact, once you get used to manipulating the different systems at the
same time, you know exactly what to expect and how to merge everything
harmoniously into POV-Ray.

So, for Moray, I always had two lines of code ready whenever I imported
a Moray object into a POV scene:

scale <1,1,-1>
rotate <90,0,0>

Except of course, when I used complete Moray scenes. I suppose that the
/new/ future Moray version is going to be left-handed by the way ;-)

Using Silo, I model as if the object were left-handed, export it as
left-handed through Poseray, and then just rotate it by 180*y whence in
POV-Ray.

Little tricks, but becoming automatic.

Thomas