POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Spoiled by Windows : Re: Spoiled by Windows Server Time
29 Apr 2024 03:58:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spoiled by Windows
From: James Holsenback
Date: 3 Mar 2013 21:18:13
Message: <51340465@news.povray.org>
On 03/03/2013 01:54 PM, Cousin Ricky wrote:
> James Holsenback <nom### [at] nonecom> wrote:
>> I forget what distribution of linux you're running but on openSUSE you
>> can change it: Start Menu->Personal Settings->File Associations
>
> It is openSUSE 12.2.
>
> I have a Kickoff Application Launcher, but I don't see any Start Menu.

If you can search then look for File Associations

>> And for syntax highlighting,
>
> Already on it.  It was installed by the POV-Ray 3.6 installation process, and
> I've tweaked it from there.  (It doesn't recognize 3.7 keywords, but I'm sure I
> can figure that out when/if I get a round tuit--or just wait for the 3.7.0
> binary, since I've been living without those keywords highlighted for over a
> year anyway.)

IIRC only on windows (when using the built-in editor) is syntax

you to in p.b.utilities have files that when placed in the proper
directories (mentioned in my previous post) provide 3.7 syntax
highlighting ... I cloned the files and updated ALL the 3.7 keywords, so
all the grunt work has already been done.