POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Spoiled by Windows : Re: Spoiled by Windows Server Time
29 Apr 2024 06:06:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spoiled by Windows
From: James Holsenback
Date: 2 Mar 2013 07:53:11
Message: <5131f637@news.povray.org>
On 03/01/2013 08:22 PM, Cousin Ricky wrote:
> One bit of frustration is that kwrite treats .inc files as if they were PHP
> files, with the result that half the file is highlighted as errors.  :-P  It
> recently occurred to me to create a soft link with a .pov extension to trick
> kwrite into using the desired syntax highlighting.  Problem solved, at the
> expense of a more cluttered directory.

I think there may be a more elegant solution ...

I forget what distribution of linux you're running but on openSUSE you
can change it: Start Menu->Personal Settings->File Associations

And for syntax highlighting, while in kwrite look under
Settings->Configure Editor then find the Highlighting Text Styles tab
... click on the Highlight drop down and I have a Sources/POV-Ray3.7
entry that you /may/ not have on your system! Look in
povray.binary.utilities and find my post "new syntax highlighting for
gedit" on my opensuse12.1 system the file is located at
/usr/share/gtksourceview-3.0/language-specs/povray.lang I tried kate for
a bit and didn't like it (now using gedit) but there's also a post in
same news group for that editor and I have that file located at
/usr/share/kde4/apps/katepart/syntax/povray.xml

Jim