POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : diagnosing a segmentation fault in 3.7 RC7 for linux : Re: diagnosing a segmentation fault in 3.7 RC7 for linux Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:21:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: diagnosing a segmentation fault in 3.7 RC7 for linux
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 2 Mar 2013 04:43:23
Message: <5131c9bb$1@news.povray.org>
Le 02/03/2013 03:46, RM nous fit lire :
> I have a scene that is causing a segmentation fault
>
> This is on Fedora linux 18 with an AMD Phenom II 980 quad core cpu
> this system has 16gb of RAM
>
> the compile is modified to increase the Fixed Simple Vector limits

you might have a simple issue of stack size (where every calls get
stacked), and the line might be irrelevant.

Or instead of gdb, you might try valgrind for the default memcheck tool.
(but it slow the think by about 50 or 100 factors)
(Intel has nice inspector tools too, but they are a bit painful to set
up, and the license might or not allow them to you for free)