POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : When is pov 4.0 comming out? : Re: When is pov 4.0 comming out? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:16:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: When is pov 4.0 comming out?
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 21 Feb 2013 17:22:22
Message: <51269e1e$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 21 Feb 2013 16:32:10 -0500, Cousin Ricky wrote:

>> In all seriousness, ISTR there being a place on the POV-Ray site where
>> that specific answer was given - it used to be a FAQ, and the answer
>> was "don't ask - it'll be released when it's ready and not one minute
>> sooner".
>
> I recall reading something to this effect not long after I downloaded
> POV-Ray 3.5 in 2003.  Every time I see someone post this question, I
> think, "You're not supposed to ask that question."

Yeah, I think that's the one that I saw as well, and linked to in my
"reply to self".

> At first, I thought swampie just had an innocent question, having failed
> to run across that FAQ.  Now, I'm not so sure.

I think it's a shame that there are people who are humour-challenged and
feel it's necessary to complain about the answer they are given when they
ask a question.  I'm sure you've seen me deal with that in the other
venue we both frequent. :)

Here, I'm not an admin, just a very long-time user (maybe it's time to
see how many of us still remember the POVRAY forum on CompuServe).

> Considering what I paid for POV-Ray, I can't complain about the release
> schedule.

Nor I.  I've done what I can to help out when I've had time or the
necessary contacts to help facilitate things, which seems "fair" (in the
sense that I'm trying to give /something/ back, but it always feels
inadequate).

Jim