POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : When is pov 4.0 comming out? : Re: When is pov 4.0 comming out? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:29:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: When is pov 4.0 comming out?
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 21 Feb 2013 01:26:42
Message: <5125be22$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 21 Feb 2013 01:24:24 -0500, Jim Henderson wrote:

> In all seriousness, ISTR there being a place on the POV-Ray site where
> that specific answer was given - it used to be a FAQ, and the answer was
> "don't ask - it'll be released when it's ready and not one minute
> sooner".

Ah, yes.  Here:

http://tinyurl.com/bjugxlq

Note the second paragraph from the end:

"Please note that there is no firm schedule for the final release of
POV-Ray 3.6. We have a reputation of releasing very stable software and
intend that to remain so. The final version will be released when we are
happy with it, and not before. We cannot give a date for this!"

You're welcome.

Jim